Thursday, November 12, 2009

Blog 18

The most important place to me are my backyard, my old high school, and my own room. My favorite place of those is very clear though, its the only place I have any privacy and the only place where I have free reign to do what I want.

It was the smallest of all the bed rooms in my house, it didn't have a carpet like the other rooms, and the heating wasn't great. But since it was mine, I loved it. There was two pieces of furniture in the room but it still filled the room up and left it with little space except for the small pathway from the door. I made do with the little space I had by adding a TV, putting posters and pictures on the wall. I made it unique and did what I wanted, my parents and adults completely left me alone and let the space be completely mine. The room also only had one window but with a perfect view of the woods in the park. It was a little frightening as a child because at night the woods would look so spooky and weird noise would come from their, but during the day it was beautiful.

It was like two different worlds, one inside that room and another outside those walls.

1 comment:

  1. Short simple and straight to the point. i understand why your room would be almost sacred to you, as mine is to me. Funny truth about the woods though, as kids our imaginations are as wild as the west, and looking back on it, one can only laugh.

    ReplyDelete