Monday, December 7, 2009

Blog 21

Of all of Theil's revisions ideas, I decided to use the idea on page 90 which wants the writer to take a piece of their writing that is crucial for setting the tone of the piece and see if you can further elaborate.

For my third essay I wrote about my parents visiting their homeland for the first time in ten years, I thought i could elaborate more on my experience in meeting some of my familys friends and family. When I met them in my parents homeland I had never met those people before and have never met them again. I was young back then but vividly remember that day, there is so much from that day that I did not write about in my original essay that I can elaborate on. I also have the ability to get more information from that day from my mother and father to fill in some of the blank spots in my memory.

I think that piece of the essay really set the tone for the rest of the piece because the entire essay was about my parents trip to their homeland, and the entire trip to their homeland was to connect with the people they had not seen in years. That event was only one day out of the week long trip, but it was the center piece of the entire trip. Theres so many things we did that day, so many people i met, and so many memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment